$45 per scout, $15 parent/guardian admission
Lonestar Flight Museum, 11551 Aerospace Ave.,
weather Merit Badge at Lonestar DETAILS
From the organizer:
For local recreational flyers to international commercial carrier pilots, the weather is a challenge, must be understood, and always respected. Learn how to be safe in severe weather, why weather patterns can affect flight dynamics, how different types of weather are formed and how it’s tracked to keep air travel moving. By knowing all the basics, you’ll be able to make your own forecast.
Price: $45 per Scout. ($15 parent museum admission available)
Requirements fulfilled: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 6, 7, 8, 9b, 10, 11. Full completion of badge, no outside work required.
Date / Time: Click on the date/time below to register.
- December 17. 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- February 25. 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- March 16. Thursday. 9:30 am – 2:30 pm Spring Break Workshop!
- For most badges, requirements are completed within the workshop with no outside requirements. Some badges may have prerequisite work.
- Class time varies based on the badge. Please review each badge workshop for exact times.
- Pricing varies per badge.
- All supplies, including workbooks and blue cards are provided by LSFM.
- Merit badge workshops are open to all Scouts BSA ages 11-17.
- Class fees for scouts includes admission to the exhibits.
- All youth must be escorted to the classroom by an adult and signed in. Parents can choose to drop-off scouts or purchase a $15 admission ticket to tour the museum exhibits during the class time.
- Full day Saturday classes include a 30 minute lunch break. Scouts must bring their own lunch. Water and soda are available in the gift shop. Aviation MB has no lunch break.