Bear | A Third Grade Adventure
Welcome to Bear Scouts! Our resources are designed to help scouts complete ranks and electives with their families and dens.
The Bear Program is composed of Bear | Elective Adventures and Bear | Rank Adventures. Bear Rank Adventures are required for the completion of the Bear program. Additionally, a scout must complete one Elective. Fortunately, there are so many fun ones to choose from.
A Bear is entering Third Grade in the fall.
RESOURCES FOR BEARS
Below you will find resources to complete all of the rank adventures and many of the elective adventures. Moreover, you can find guidance in the Bear Cub Scout Handbook and a plethora of ideas and activities on Pinterest.
Additionally, all ranks require the completion of the Bobcat Rank before beginning. This only needs to be done once but is first no matter where your scout is starting (except Lion). Further, each year scouts must complete some personal protection and Internet safety and etiquette exercises.
- Bobcat Rank (To be completed once by all new scouts, disregard if you have this rank)
- With a parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide
- View the Protect Yourself Rules for your rank (All scouts renew this annually)
BEAR RANK ADVENTURES
BEAR ELECTIVE ADVENTURES
- A Bear Goes Fishing
- Bear Picnic Basket
- Critter Care
- Grin and Bear It
- Make it Move (Retired 5/31/2022)
- Modular Design (Bear)
- Marble Madness
- Roaring Laughter
- Robotics (Retired 5/31/2022)
- Salmon Run
- Super Science
- Yo-Yo (Bear)