$60 per scout, $15 parent/guardian admission
Lonestar Flight Museum, 11551 Aerospace Ave.,
sPACE EXPLORATION Merit Badge at Lonestar DETAILS
From the organizer:
Use our growing collection of space artifacts – including an original Space Shuttle Trainer flight simulator, the Crew Compartment Trainer, a Mars rover prototype, and an exploratory Mars humanoid rover – to study past NASA missions, especially the Shuttle Transfer System, and astronauts. Design and build a model off-Earth planetary base, image how we can explore the unknown parts of our solar system, and build a model or a historic NASA rocket. This is a two-day class; both day are required for completion.
Price: $60 per Scout. ($15 parent museum admission available)
Requirements fulfilled: 1, 2, 3*, 4a-d, 5ac, 6a, 7a-d, 8. Because LSFM is in restricted air space, we cannot launch model rockets. To complete requirement 3, we will do the alternate of building a scale model of a NASA rocket system. Full completion of badge, no outside work required.
Date / Time: Click on the date/time below to register.
- March 13 & 14. Monday and Tuesday. 9:30 am – 2:30 pm Spring Break Workshop!
- For most badges, requirements are completed within the workshop with no outside requirements. Some badges may have prerequisite work.
- Class time varies based on the badge. Please review each badge workshop for exact times.
- Pricing varies per badge.
- All supplies, including workbooks and blue cards are provided by LSFM.
- Merit badge workshops are open to all Scouts BSA ages 11-17.
- Class fees for scouts includes admission to the exhibits.
- All youth must be escorted to the classroom by an adult and signed in. Parents can choose to drop-off scouts or purchase a $15 admission ticket to tour the museum exhibits during the class time.
- Full day Saturday classes include a 30 minute lunch break. Scouts must bring their own lunch. Water and soda are available in the gift shop. Aviation MB has no lunch break.