13 | Aviation Merit Badge at Lonestar Flight Museum
$35 per scout, $15 parent/guardian admission
Lonestar Flight Museum, 11551 Aerospace Ave.,
aviation Merit Badge at Lonestar DETAILS
From the organizer:
Aviation Merit Badge
This three hour workshop provides a hand-on learning experience including fundamentals of flight, aircraft design, and piloting. Scouts prepare a flight plan, map their flight, and conduct a pre-flight inspection in our Mooney Hangar with the Ovation small aircraft. Then fly the route in the flight simulators in real time over accurate landscape to land at Scholes Airport in Galveston. After a classroom preview, use the exhibits in the Flight Academy to demonstrate your knowledge of flight dynamics and tour the collection of air-worthy Warbirds.
Price: $35 per Scout. ($15 parent museum admission available)
Requirements fulfilled: 1a-e, 2bd, 3b, 4c, and 5. Full completion of badge, no outside work required.
Date / Time: Click on the date/time below to register.
- November 19. 9:30 am – 12:30pm
- December 10. 9:30 am – 12:30pm
- December 10. 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- January 14. 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- March 13. Monday. 9:30 am – 12:30 pm Spring Break Workshop!
- April 29. 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- For most badges, requirements are completed within the workshop with no outside requirements. Some badges may have prerequisite work.
- Class time varies based on the badge. Please review each badge workshop for exact times.
- Pricing varies per badge.
- All supplies, including workbooks and blue cards are provided by LSFM.
- Merit badge workshops are open to all Scouts BSA ages 11-17.
- Class fees for scouts includes admission to the exhibits.
- All youth must be escorted to the classroom by an adult and signed in. Parents can choose to drop-off scouts or purchase a $15 admission ticket to tour the museum exhibits during the class time.
- Full day Saturday classes include a 30 minute lunch break. Scouts must bring their own lunch. Water and soda are available in the gift shop. Aviation MB has no lunch break.